Monday, August 4, 2008

I never thought I'd say this, but...

OK...I'm going to leave the government conspiracy theory's to those that weave them better than I. Even though I would like to blame our current administration for all the ills of the world whether they affect me directly or not I really can't hang Bush for this one. But I'd really like to. I believe I have lost my ability to drink. 3 glasses of wine on Friday and I felt like crap Saturday. Went to a Birthday party on Saturday and woke up the next morning feeling like I drank twice what I actually did which was far less than I am usually capable of (sans oogy just shoot me hangover). I mean…I couldn't hold down food and I rarely experience that. And I know I didn’t drink more than I thought because my friend is the bartender and she rang me in confirming that I actually drank less than I usually do. She has noticed a change in her ability to throw back a beer herself and we have chalked it up to our new exercise and diet plan that we have been following. Well…it’s not really an exercise and diet plan.

So what is it? I don’t really know but I’m eating better and have lost some of those emotional eating pounds I gained in the beginning in there year.

Here’s the basics of our not a diet diet plan…

We decided that we were sick and tired of cooking something and having a ton of leftovers that you get bored of so we have this food share thing going on. Its fun and we are all eating better and drinking less. Why are we drinking less? Well…our get-togethers don’t necessarily happen in a bar. Often our get-togethers consist of dinner (made by one of us) followed by a session playing on the Wii. In fact…we play the Wii quite a bit. It’s just fun with a capital F. I think I get the whole video game fascination the testosterone set has…though we are using a bit more than our thumbs using the Wii. Sally lives about 10 minutes away so we often get together just to have a little conversation maybe some channel surfing and then its game time. It is actually pretty good exercise and with my competitive streak I’ll keep trying to beat the game no matter how tired or sweaty I am.

So what am I trying to say here? Big thumbs up to the Wii and an apology to all the guys I’ve given a hard time to for all their video game playing time.




And...I never thought I'd say this about a video game system but...I want one!


No comments: