Monday, August 11, 2008

Sore

Sun baked and sore, that is the only way to describe me today. Spent yesterday riding around on my new wakeboard with bindings that actually fit. It was great...I can finally maneuver the board and I feel like I'm actually participating in the process...not just being pulled behind the boat...an out of control passenger on a wild and crazy ride. There is a metaphor for life in there somewhere but I am too sun baked and sore to attempt the articulation.

Was over at a friends blog today where he has posted a picture of premier Bush checking out some beach volleyball tushy at the Summer 08 games (see below). Not to state the obvious and re-iterate what the other bloggers are blogging about, isn't there something more poignant for him to be spending his time on than beach volleyball? And before you throw down the old argument "Even the leader of country deserves a vacation" I have this to say. First...the bozo has been on vacation ever since he took office...the lights are on but no one is home. Second...you screw things up as royally as he has and you don't deserve a vacation...you don't deserve ringside at the beach volleyball match up. Seriously...when are we going to have some real leadership in this country? If the current contenders are the best we can do is there any hope?

No comments: