Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blank

Last night was weird. I went out for a couple of beers with Paul. We almost just went home. Almost. But at the last minute we decided to head over to The Zone to cap off the night. All the usual suspects were there. Sally was behind the bar. Molly was chatting with “guy ju jour” and if I didn’t know better it would appear that Leila and William are now a couple. I don’t really think so, but that is what it looked like. Bothers me not one bit on an intellectual level but you know I’m lying if I tell you it didn’t disturb me emotionally. Both of them were so drunk that they could barely walk. Watching people you used to care about spiral downhill is never easy, and there is way too much dirty water under the bridge for me to really care about Leila anymore…but William? About him…I don’t know. I mean…I don’t even know that guy that I keep seeing in the pub these days. I really don’t. That is not my William.

As I understand it…William is being “melodramatic” about the whole incident between us…blowing it way out of proportion. I spoke briefly to Simon about the interesting new twists. He says he keeps trying to pull William in off the edge but he can't and he doesn't know what to do any more. I told him there is nothing to do. To which he replied, “I love the guy but he is some kind of a sociopath or something.” His words…not mine. Its pretty clear that no one gets it and everyone thinks he’s nuts. I stumbled…he lost his footing. That is what happened. That is what people saw. And William is looking like an ass in all of this.

I honestly don’t know how I feel right now. I really don’t. All I know for sure is that this is not of me. This is what my William didn’t want me to be a part of. It isn’t of me and it doesn’t involve me. It is not my world they are living in. Never was…never will be. I am a spectator at this point…and I’ll just bet the show is about to get interesting. Very, very interesting.

I still have a bunch of term papers to grade and my life has become the Jerry Springer show.

ROCK ON!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" if I didn’t know better it would appear that Leila and William are now a couple"

Okay... what???